As the days grow colder it’s time to stock up on firewood to ensure cosy evenings. We sell and deliver mixed loads of hardwood and softwood logs split and seasoned on our farm in Blundeston. Very competitively priced with free local delivery to Lowestoft, Great Yarmouth and surrounding areas.
A full lorry load (its a big lorry!) costs just £228 and a half load is £132.50. Please ring us on 01502730292 or 07713933966 to arrange delivery or send a message through here.
Still a little early for the C word, however we are now taking orders for our wonderful Christmas Beef hampers again, the perfect present for those hard-to-buy people in your live. Please see the page above for full details.
After the success of last week’s bonfire hampers – featuring a packet of Sam Perks Beef Sausages – we’ve had a number of requests for recipe ideas for how to make the best of our lovely beefy bangers. A favourite in our house is beef sausage pie topped with a creamy horseradish mash or the following goulash recipe; really easy to make and perfect comfort food on a cold winters evening. Beef sausages are just £3.40 a pack including local delivery and chances are you’ll have most of the other ingredients already to hand. We’d love to hear your feedback if you try this out or any of your other favourite beef sausage recipes.
Beef Sausage Goulash
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas 2.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large ovenproof frying pan/stew pot and fry the sausages for 5-7 minutes, or until browned all over.
- Remove the sausages from the pan using a slotted spoon and set aside. Fry the onions and garlic in the same pan for 3-4 minutes, or until softened. Stir in the flour and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the paprika, chillies and pepper and stir until well combined. Pour in the beef stock, return the beef sausage and add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and skim off any fat that’s risen to the surface with a slotted spoon. Stir in the soured cream and parsley until well combined.
- Serve the goulash with long-grain rice or crusty bread and enjoy!